How to Push Yourself During a Workout
Let’s face it, we have all been there... you're halfway through a workout and seriously considering throwing in the towel and saying “I’m done.” There are some days where you wake up feeling on top of the world and can’t wait to smash out your workout; then there are those workouts you really need to dig deep and find that extra motivation. If you are looking for that extra motivation you have come to the right place!
Here are my top tips on how to push yourself during a workout:
1. Break up the time. Whether it be cardio, an MK workout or an intense weight session, sometimes it can be daunting how much longer we have to go or how many more reps we need to complete. I have seen a funny meme about this actually, but try to break it up in your head. For example, instead of thinking you have 30 minutes left of cardio, break that up into 10 minute increments mentally, and each time you achieve one you will feel a little more accomplished.
2. Blast the music. Listening to music while exercising doesn't just relieve "boredom," but it can help improve the quality of your workout by increasing your stamina and putting you in a better mood. Music that is upbeat or synchronized with your workout is shown to up your efforts and have positive psychological effects.
3. Don’t stare at the time. One of the worst things you can do when you feel unmotivated is stare at the clock. Staring at the timer while training to complete your workout will not only distract you from getting into your zone, but it will make time seem to go even slower! So have a game plan ahead of time, know what you will be completing and execute that workout!
4. Pre workout. Sometimes you just need that extra boost! With the right pre-workout, it’s precise blends of ingredients will give you unparalleled energy, incredible mental focus, and muscle endurance like you’ve never experienced. My go-to is MegaWatt V2. The research-proven ingredients found in MegaWatt V2 will have you dialed in and going harder in each training session!
5. Repeat a motivational phrase. This may seem silly but hear me out, when you are on the verge of giving up think of a phrase that gives you energy and motivation, and repeat it over and over until you are done. You can do this mentally but it helps to keep you in the zone and focused. I like to repeat to myself “LET’S GO GIRL, PUSH IT!” Sounds silly, but trust me, it works!
6. Create accountability. Get a workout buddy! Whether is online or not, get an accountability partner that will push you through your workouts and make you work harder.
7. Take some BCAA’s during your workout session. Branched Chain Amino Acids, or BCAAs are three of the essential amino acids your body requires to operate. The use of BCAAs can prevent you from slipping into a catabolic state during periods of fasting, cardio or intense exercise training. I also have my BCAA’s on hand for during my workouts or post workout to preserve lean muscle, burn fat, and to prolong the intensity of your workout, as well as, increase muscle recovery.
So let's get in the zone and up our workouts! I hope these small tips have helped - we got this!